This website is owned and operated by Harry Quinn. As part of our service, we will collect personal information, but will only disclose that personal information to law firms who we work with.
Here are some of the things we don’t do:
- We don’t provide your personal information to anyone else — not to marketers, not to spammers, not to Facebook.
- We don’t store your information overseas. All data is stored in data centres within Australia.
- We don’t claim ownership of any information you provide, although we may keep copies of the information you provide to comply with the law, or with our professional or business obligations.
Here are some things that Harry Quinn does do:
- Use the information you supply in order to provide this service to you (including tech support where required).
- Collect the least amount of information required in order to provide a useful and valuable service to you.
- Collect metadata (information about how the service is used), which helps us make the service better.
From this point on, the terms ‘we’, ‘us’, and similar expressions, refer to Harry Quinn.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- biographical details such as your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details, age or date of birth, etc;
- information you provide in our induction questionnaires, including information about your relationship, information about your children, and information about your financial situation;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and/or advertising.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, ask for your feedback on our services, and improve our processes;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to provide aggregated reports on population-level use of our system and demographics for research bodies, academics, and law firms, without disclosing any information about any individual; and
- (if relevant) to consider your employment application.
We will disclose your personal information to law firms who work with Harry Quinn.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, but only if we think you’ll be interested in what we have to say.
Direct marketing may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details provided below, or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication (eg an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
If you complete the questions on our website, we may provide your information to other law firms as set out in the Summary section above, but only where you have given us permission to do so.
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, including other law firms; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
No storage of personal information outside Australia
All data you provide will be stored in Australia on third party servers. The server host’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to Settify and as such the personal information is not “disclosed” to our server host. We’ve taken steps to ensure that our server hosts do not have access to, and use the necessary level of protection for, your personal information.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website, including information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Get help from our Harry Quinn